"Has been a lifesaver so many times!"
- Catherine Rampell, student @ University of Washington
"Exactly the help I needed."
- Jennifer Hawes, student @ San Jose State
"The best place for brainstorming ideas."
- Michael Majchrowicz, student @ University of Kentucky
1. Three teachers have different accounts in the same bank. Use the information
given below about each teacher to find the missing variable.
Invested $450 in savings plan A with annual interest rate 11.4%. After time, he
ended up with a total of $629.55 in her account. How long did he invest?
Invested in savings plan B and earned $25.26 in interest on her investment of
$867.26. He started his investment in January and ended it in June. What was
his interest rate?
Invested in savings plan C with an annual interest rate of 12%. After two years
she earned $124.50 in interest. How much did she invest?
Answer the question asked for each teacher.
2. On a credit card you charge $200 with an annual interest rate of 15%. Find the
amount of interest that you owe if it takes you the following times to pay the credit
6 months: 1 year: 2 years:
5 years: 10 years: 20 years:
What happens as you take longer and longer to pay off your bill?
3. Accumulate P20,500 for 110 days at 11.5% simple interest
4. What is the principal invested at 8.125% simple interest on May 21, 2007 that will amount to 14,615 on November 18, 2007?
5. Accumulate P15,800 for 4 years and 9 months at 6.875% simple discount.
6. Discount P16, 400 for 5 years and 3 months at 9.875% simple discount.
7. If 25,000 accumulates to 26,700 in 2.5 years, find the (a) interest rate (b) discount rate
A 4 month note dated July 4, 2004 with face value of P25,000 bears interest at 13.6%. The note is discounted on September 13, 2004 at a bank whose discount rate is 12.375%. Find the proceeds.
8. How long will it take P4,500 to amount to P6,100; if interest rate is compounded quarterly.
9. How long will it take for P7,350 to amount to P18,500, if invested at 8% compounded monthly?
10. If P3,050 accumulates to P8,660 in 5 years. What is the interest rate compounded monthly?
11. Find the rate compounded quarterly if P745 accumulates P786 in 3 years and 9 months.
12. What nominal rate compounded monthly, will yeild the effective rate 4%?
13. If interest is compounded quarterly find the nominal rate if thge effective rate is 9%
14. Find the effective rate corresponding to the rate 5% compounded quarterly
15. When interest is compounded monthly, find the effective rate corresponding to the nominal rate 3%
16. Find the compound amount and compound interest on principal P20,000 borrowed at 6% compounded annually for 3 years.
17. Find the compound amount, which would be obtained from an interest of P2000 at 6% compounded quarterly for 5 years
18. Find compound interest on P2500 invested at 6% per annually, compound semi-annually for 8 years.
19. Find the interest using the four methods on P8,000 at 11.5% interest from August 2, 2006 to Novemeber 27,2006.
20. Find the interest on P12,000 at 9.875% from NOvember 20,2007 to April 6, 2008.
View Full Essay
Mathematical finance, Actuarial science, Interest rates, Interest, Compound interest, Exponentials, Discounting, Federal funds rate, Effective interest rate, Nominal interest rate
More Free Essays Like This