This essay Prevention and Control of Obesity has a total of 208 words and 2 pages.
Prevention and Control of Obesity.
• Reduction of energy intake by dietary modification, and using conventional foods.
• Behaviour modification associated with eating habits and activity pattern.
• Increase energy expenditure by increasing physical activities and decreasing physical activity .
• Involvement of the family in the process of change .
CPG – Prevention of Obesity
(Tips for parents)
• Respect your child\'s appetite: children do not need to finish every bottle or meal.
• Avoid pre-prepared and sugared foods when possible.
• Limit the amount of high-calorie foods kept in the home.
• Provide a healthy diet, with 30 percent or fewer calories derived from fat.
• Provide ample fiber in the child\'s diet.
• Skimmed milk may safely replace whole milk at 2 years of age.
• Do not provide food for comfort or as a reward. • Do not offer sweets in exchange for a finished meal.
• Limit amount of television viewing and computer games.
• Encourage active play.
• Establish regular family activities such as walks, ball games and other outdoor activities.